Botswana, a landlocked country in Southern Africa, has a landscape defined by the Kalahari Desert and the Okavango Delta, which becomes a lush animal habitat during the seasonal floods. The massive Central Kalahari Game Reserve, with its fossilized river valleys and undulating grasslands, is home to numerous animals including giraffes, cheetahs, hyenas and wild dogs.
Not required by SA passport holders.
For more information regarding food restrictions, passports/visa and pet travel enquiries, please contact the consulate/embassy.
Currency: Pula (BWP)
- Yellow Fever (dependent on the country of origin)
- Hepatitis A & B
- Malaria risk
Tel: +267 390 4537
Fax: 267 3904542
Plot 20695 Unit 5 Block 3
consulate/embassy Contact Details
Vehicles registered in SACU (SA, Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho and Swaziland) are charged the following fees:
- Road Transport Permit – P50
- National Road Safety – P50 – valid for a calendar year (up to 31 December) P20 will also be charged on a trailer
- Third-Party Insurance – P50 – motor vehicle insurance (mini buses and buses will pay a higher fee)
- Temporary Import Permit – TIP – this form will be issued at the border post on entry to cars registered in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia and Mozambique